Before getting started, ensure the following conditions are met:
- Keep your SmartThings hub at least three feet away from your router. Higher Tier support from SmartThings informed us that the ZigBee module can receive interference from the router. SmartThings recommends for the hub to be three feet away from your router.
- Please ensure that "Insecure Rejoin" is enabled. A link to get to how to enable that is below:
- The Sengled Element line of bulbs cannot be used on dimmer switches. This would include wall dimmers, ceiling fan fixtures and 3-way lamps (lamps with low, medium and high power settings built-in). Furthermore, the Sengled Element bulbs are not meant to be used in fully-enclosed fixtures. Additionally, the Sengled Element bulbs are not meant to be used outdoors. With that said, here are the exceptions: the Element Plus bulbs can be used on certain wall dimmers; for more information about this, please visit the following link: https://support.sengled.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003534408-Compatible-Dimmers. Also, the Sengled Element PAR38 bulbs are meant to be used outdoors.
In the SmartThings Classic app, Insecure Rejoin is enabled by default.
Below is an icon of what the SmartThings Classic app looks like:
Ensure your Element bulbs are powered on from a non-dimmer switch.
1. Open the SmartThings Classic app and press the “+” sign in the top right corner. The SmartThings hub will automatically search for your Sengled Element devices.
2. As shown in the example photo, all our devices were found without issue. You can, of course, push the “Add Devices Manually” button on the bottom, select lights then select the Sengled lights you wish to add to your hub. There is very little reason to do this.
As indicated from the photos, the SmartThings hub knows which devices have been added. You can rename the bulbs to a custom name, if you wish.
Press “Save” to proceed.
3. Now, on the “My Home” page, your new devices will appear. You can tap on the device to control it. Furthermore, you can assign devices to a room by pressing the “Room” tab at the top of the screen.