Setting up Sengled products is as easy as 1-2-3!
The following diagram shows the flow for controlling your Sengled devices:
A little more detail on how controlling your bulbs works
A. You can either send commands from the Sengled Home app or a voice control mechanism, such as Amazon Alexa. This step is the only one you need to set up!
B. These commands are sent to the Internet to be processed.
C. Once processed, they are sent to a hub, whether that is a Sengled hub or a third party hub such as SmartThings hub.
D. Finally, the command is sent to your bulb.
From this flow, you will need the following hardware to successfully set up your Sengled bulbs:
- A hub (step C): preferably a Sengled hub, but Element devices are also compatible with any Sengled Element compatible hubs, such as Amazon Echo Plus, SmartThings and Wink hubs.
- Your Element bulbs (step D)
And the following software:
- A mobile smart home app (step A):
- If using just the Sengled family for control, please download the Sengled Home app.
- If you have a partner hub, as mentioned above, please use their app.
- If you would like to use a voice control device (such as Amazon Echo and Google Home), please use their apps respectively.
- An Ethernet router with Wi-Fi capability:
- For initial setup, you need to connect your Sengled Smart LED Hub with your router using Ethernet cable, and connect your mobile device with the same router using Wi-Fi connection.
Note: Sengled devices do not work with higher frequency networks. If you have a multi-frequency router, please refer to its user manual to confirm you are on the 2.4 GHz network.
The following sections focus on setting up your Sengled Smart LED bulbs using Sengled products (i.e. the Sengled Home app and Sengled hub). If you would like directions for how to set up the Sengled products using a partner hub, please refer to their user manual. If you would like instructions for setting up Sengled products with our partner devices, please refer to the "Third Party Integrations" section in the Element User Manual.
The steps for setting up your bulbs include:
- Installing and setting up the Sengled Home app
- Installing and configuring the Sengled Smart LED Hub
- Connecting your Sengled Smart LED bulbs to the Sengled Home app (via the Sengled Smart LED hub)
A couple of things to note before proceeding:
- Sengled Element bulbs are not intended for outdoor use, nor are they intended for damp or wet environments (I.e. please do not use these bulbs in bathrooms!).
- Sengled Element bulbs are not intended for use in completely enclosed fixtures, as the heat can shorten the lifespan of your lightbulb.
- Sengled Element bulbs do not work with wall dimmers. If you would like to dim your bulbs, you are able to do so via the Sengled Home app, or your third party integrator apps, but manual wall dimmers will not work.
- Please do not plug in your Element bulbs until told to do so. If your bulbs are plugged in too early, you may have to reset them as it's possible to miss the three minute pairing window if the bulbs are receiving power too soon.
Other than those notes, please select each link to follow along in the process of creating your own Sengled environment!