The following section describes how to add new Smart LED bulbs to an existing hub.
Note: Sengled Hubs will not enable you to add a bulb twice. They can recognize that specific bulbs have already been added before and not add them again.
Additionally, before getting started, do not twist the bulbs into a socket. This may cause them to fall out of their three-minute pairing mode. And make sure your phone is connected to the same 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi that your hub is on.
- The first thing you want to do is open the Sengled Home app and press the three dots in a circle symbol located in the top-right of the screen. Then, press “Add Device”.
- From here, press “Smart LED Bulbs”, then select the hub you wish to add the bulb to and press “Next”.
In the provided example, there is only one hub associated with the account.
Note: adding your bulbs to a hub does not have to logically equate to certain rooms.
- Now, press “Scan Code” to bring up the QR code scanner. This will allow us to scan the QR code on the bulb itself.
When scanning the QR code, hold the bulb still and scan in a well-lit area. The bulb’s QR code should be about six inches to one foot away from the scanner. The camera will auto-focus in on the QR code and scan it automatically.
If you need more light, press the flashlight button below the QR code scanner. If you are having trouble scanning the QR code, you can press “Enter MAC Address” located on the bottom of the QR code scanning screen.
- After you have scanned the QR code of the bulb, you will be on a screen that shows you a picture of the bulb, the model number of the bulb and the MAC/ZID number of the bulb. If you have another bulb to add, press “Scan Another One”; if not, press “Next”.
After scanning the bulb(s) you wish to add to your hub and pressing “Next”, you would screw the bulb(s) into the location you want to use them in and power them on.
Please note that Sengled Smart LED Classic A19 bulbs and Sengled Smart LED Classic BR30 bulbs cannot be used on dimmer switches. This would include wall dimmers, ceiling fan fixtures and 3-way lamps (lamps with low, medium and high power settings built-in).
- After the bulb(s) are powered on, press “Next” on the “Turn on your Lights” screen.
From here, the scanned bulb(s) will add to your hub. They will flash three times during this process to indicate they are being added to your hub.
- Once added to your hub, you will see a green checkmark next to the bulb. Press “Next” to proceed.
Once you are on the “Congratulations” screen, you can assign bulbs to a room. To visually identify which bulb you are assigning to a room, press the power button a few times until you can visually tell which bulb you are about to assign to a room in the Sengled Home app.
In the provided example, the “User Def” room is selected by default. However, that bulb is physically in the bedroom. So, by tapping on “Bedroom” in the Sengled Home app, this bulb is automatically named “Bedroom Bulb 3”. This is because it is the third bulb being used in the bedroom. Remember, you can always change the name of the bulb tapping on the preset name and typing in a new one.
Once you are done, press “Done”
The room information will refresh, and you will see that the total number of bulbs in the “Bedroom” is three (as indicated by the total of the numbers next to the red lightbulb icon and the grey lightbulb icon.)
Congratulations! You have now successfully paired another bulb, or set of bulbs, to your room. Continue with others bulbs using the same instructions.