The following guide will walk you through connecting the Pulse bulbs to your Google Home:
Please note: When the Pulse bulbs are connected to the Google Home, you will not be able to control the lights. This is because the Google Home connects to the Pulse bulbs as a Bluetooth speaker and does not have an interface to interact with the lights. To control the lights, you would have to disconnect from the Pulse bulbs; then, connect back the Pulse bulbs with your mobile device to control the Pulse bulbs via the Pulse app.
The instructions below demonstrate connecting a Pulse to your Google Mini but these directions are applicable to any of the Pulse bulbs.
Because these directions specifically for the Pulse, if you are trying to connect a different Pulse device, the name of the Bluetooth in step 8 will vary.
1) Power the Pulse bulbs on and make sure your Google Home Assistant is powered on.
2) Make sure your Pulse device is not connected to any other device-- i.e. phone, tablet, etc.
3) Open the Google Home app and scroll down. Select the Google Home device to which you wish to pair your Pulse.
4) This will take you to a page that has your Google Home device’s name at the top; press the “Settings” button (the gear) in the top right corner.
5) From the “Device settings” page, scroll down.
6) Select “Default music speaker”.
7) Tap on “Pair Bluetooth speaker” so the Google Home device can find the Pulse bulb.
8) Since we are trying to add the Pulse to the Google Home Mini, the name of the device is “C01-BR30”.
If you are trying to add a Pulse Link or any of the Pulse Solo devices, the Bluetooth name of the device will vary.
Note: With the Pulse Solo, the correct Bluetooth to connect to is named “Pulse Solo C01-A66”
9) After the Google Home device has connected to the Pulse device, press “Done”. Now, the music from your Google Home device will play from your Pulse.
Your Google Home will continue to speak to you using its default speaker.