In this article, we go through how to pair and unpair Element and Amazon Alexa as well as give you some example Alexa commands and troubleshooting tips.
How to Pair Element With Amazon Alexa
- From the main menu on the left of the Alexa app, navigate to Skills.
- Search "Sengled Home" from the search box. The Sengled Home skill should show up in the search result. Tap on the Skill, and then Enable it.
- Next, enter your Sengled Element account login information and grant permission to the Alexa app.
- After linking your Element account with the Alexa app, return to the Element app and rename your bulbs. In the Device Tab, tap on the edit icon of the corresponding bulb and rename it something easy to say.
- Now that you've renamed your bulbs, return to the Alexa app and navigate to the Smart Home tab. Tap on Devices, then Discover for Alexa to find your bulbs.
- As a last step, after Alexa is done discovering your devices, you may want to group them according to their scenes in the Element app. Currently, there is no way to import your scenes directly from the Element app into Alexa. However, you may recreate these groups in Alexa by selecting the relevant bulbs.
How to Unpair Element and Amazon Alexa
- If you no longer wish to control your Element devices via Alexa, all you need to do is disable the Sengled Home skill within the Alexa app. Simply navigate back to the Element Home skill within the Your Skills tab and disable the skill.
Example Alexa Commands
Turning lights on and off:
- "Alexa, turn on [bulb/group name]"
- "Alexa, turn off [bulb/group name]"
- "Alexa, switch on [bulb/group name]"
- "Alexa, switch off [bulb/group name]"
Adjusting bulb brightness:
(The "brighten" and "dim" commands will increase/decrease brightness by 25%. The "set" command must be used in conjunction with the word "percent".)
- "Alexa, brighten [bulb/group name]"
- "Alexa, dim [bulb/group name]"
- "Alexa, set [bulb/group name] to [X%]"
- "Alexa, set brightness of [bulb/group name] to [X%]"
- "Alexa, set [bulb/group name]'s brightness to [X%]"
Adjusting bulb color temperature:
Bulbs may be adjusted to one of the following preset shades of white:
|Cool White||Daytime White|
|Bright White||Reading White|
|Cool Daylight||Soft White|
Simply issue one of the following commands to change the color temperature:
- "Alexa, set the [bulb/group name] to (shade of white)"
- "Alexa, change [bulb/group name]to (shade of white)"
- "Alexa, make the [bulb/group name] (shade of white)"
Additionally, you may adjust the relative color temperature (I.e. making the bulb more white, or more yellow) with the following commands:
- "Alexa, set the [bulb/group name] (cooler/whiter)"
- "Alexa, make the [bulb/group name] (cooler/whiter)"
- "Alexa, set the [bulb/group name] (warmer/softer)"
- "Alexa, make the [bulb/group name] (warmer/softer)"
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Can I import scenes and schedules from the Element app to the Amazon Alexa app?
- Can I adjust the color temperature of my Element Plus bulbs using Amazon Alexa?
- I can control my bulbs in the Element app, but when I ask Alexa to control them, it doesn't work. What's going on?
- Alexa keeps saying "Sorry I could not find a device or group named [your device's name] in [your Amazon name's] profile." What is causing this?