First, there is very little reason to reset a hub.
Resetting a hub will reset it back to factory.
This means the hub will forget the WiFi to which it was connected.
Thus, in order for it to work, it will need to be setup like a new hub from the Sengled Home app.
If your hub is offline and you have not reset it, try the following:
- Unplug the power cord from the hub, wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back into the hub
- Move the hub closer to your router
- Connect the hub to your router with an Ethernet cord
The only reasons to reset a hub are under one of the following conditions:
1) If you have a new ISP (Internet Service Provider)
2) If you have a new router
3) If you moved to a new residence
4) If you change the name or password for your WiFi
5) If you want to move the hub to a different account
6) If the hub is offline after a power outage or internet outage and it did not come back online after the following was done: the hub's power cord was removed, the hub was allowed to be unplugged for at least 60 seconds, the power cord was plugged back into the hub and the hub was allowed to power on and reconnect to the internet for at least 90 seconds.
7) If you reset the hub previously by pressing and holding the reset button until the middle indicator light flashed 8 times.
8) If a member of the Sengled Support Team has recommended it in order to troubleshoot your hub
Resetting the hub will disassociate it from your WiFi and account. The hub would have to be deleted from the account as part of what is needed to get your hub added back to your account.
Note: Once the hub has been deleted, the bulbs will still be associated with the hub as long as the bulbs were not deleted from the app or reset by turning them off/on ten times to make the bulbs flash five times.
Deleting the hub does not remove the bulbs from the hub.
After the hub is deleted, you will not be able to control any of the devices that are associated with your hub until the hub has been reset and setup with the Sengled Home app.
To reset your hub and add it to your router, please follow the instructions in this article.