First, there is very little reason to reset a hub.
Resetting a hub will reset it back to factory so it will need to be setup like a new hub from the Sengled Home app.
The hub would only need to be reset under the following conditions:
1) If you have a new ISP (Internet Service Provider)
2) If you have a new router
3) If you you moved to a new residence
4) If you change the name or password for your WiFi
5) If you want to move the hub to a different account
6) If a member of the Sengled Support Team has recommended it in order to troubleshoot your hub
Resetting the hub will disassociate it from your WiFi and account. The hub would have to be deleted from the account as part of what is needed to get your hub added back to your account.
If your hub is offline and you have not reset it, try the following:
- Unplugging the power cord from the hub, waiting fifteen seconds, then plugging the power cord back into the hub
- Moving the hub closer to your router
- Connecting an Ethernet cord to your hub
Note: Once the hub has been deleted, the bulbs will still be associated with the hub. Deleting the hub does not remove the bulbs from the hub. After the hub is deleted, you will not be able to control any of the devices that are associated with your hub until the hub has been reset and setup with the Sengled Home app.
To reset the hub and simultaneously refresh your IP address, please do the following:
1) Ensure that the hub has been removed from any previous Sengled Element accounts. If the hub is still associated with an account, navigate to the device tab, then delete the hub in question.
2) If there is an Ethernet cable attached to the hub, remove the cable from the hub. If not, continue on to the next step.
3) Power down your modem/router by unplugging it. Turn the hub off by unplugging it. After both have been unplugged, wait 30 seconds. Then, power up your router/modem and your hub. Wait at least 60 seconds for both of them to be powered on.
4) Press and hold the reset button on the side of the hub for 8 seconds (you may use a pen or pencil to do this if it is easier). If successful, the middle LED indicator on the hub will flash eight times.
5) Please wait for 60 seconds otherwise the hub may not reset properly.
6) Before adding the hub, you want to make sure that your modem/router is on and that it is broadcasting internet. Just do a quick browser search from your phone while your phone is connected to the 2.4 GHz WiFi that your modem/router broadcasts.
7) Connect the Ethernet cable back to your hub and wait 60 seconds.
8) Download the Sengled Home app (red icon) if you have not already. Below is a picture of what the icon looks like:
9) From here, login to the Sengled Home app, press the three dots in the top right corner, press "Add Device" then "Element Starter Kit". From here, follow the directions from the Sengled Home app.